Resume Paul Cunliffe BEng (Hons) MBA CEng MIET
79/22 Moobaan Saun-Thai Road, Moo.4, Vichit, Phuket, 83000. Thailand
Tel: 66 878957026
Email: [email protected]
Experienced and highly motivated Senior Manager from a superb Engineering background with proven ability in managing projects up to value of $10 million and senior figure in much larger governmental projects. Experience of directly managed teams of up to 100 personnel and indirectly managed much larger virtual teams in large governmental projects both in the UK and abroad. More recently performed successfully the vast array of Executive Officer duties for 2 successful CEOs of privately owned multi-national companies. I now own and run my own company based out of Phuket Thailand.
- MBA Graduate 2006.
- Chartered Engineer 2002.
- Certified: Projects in a Controlled Environment 2 (PRINCE 2) (P2R 087010) and IT Service Management ITIL (990013784).
- Instructor Qualified.
- Dive Medical Technician Qualified 2009/2013.
- Hyperbaric Chamber Operations Qualified 2010.
- Ex senior military officer (Squadron Leader) with 23 years of successful service – proven practical and innovative application of people management, organisational, financial and political skills.
- Outstanding communications skills honed through training and experience.
- Proven track record in military aircraft engineering and been solely responsible for all related logistical aspects.
- Proven track record in Project Management, in particular difficult communication and IT projects.
- Worked and lived in Europe, Scandinavia, USA and SE Asia- established my credibility as a leader and manager under different cultures and mind-sets.
- Created and built in a partnership a prestigious event planning services company in and around Phuket, Thailand- Unique Phuket Wedding Planners.
- While performing Executive Officer duties to an International company CEO, introduced all new systems for a new Investment product including database administration, sales, Social Media footprint and extensive e-marketing.
- Technical Adviser to a Global Diving Recompression Chamber Company – visited and advised in all 12 locations worldwide. Authored and delivered a 5-day Chamber Tender/Operator/Technical course.
- For 4 years solely responsible for all Engineering Aspects including all upgrades and procedures of a major Diving Recompression Facility in Phuket Thailand.
- Sole Project Manager for a successfully delivered project to install a $5 million VHF (Tetrapol) system throughout Kosovo after the conflict.
- Consultant for the implementation of RAF Engineering & Asset Management System onto a new fighter aircraft (Typhoon) (£17 million), Typhoon Data Management Project (£35 million).
- Y2K coordinator, successfully preparing and implementing Y2K trials and plans.
- Successfully delivered as Project Manager a $10 million IT project to upgrade and maintain an UK MOD site.
Owner PC Consulting Asia Sep 16 – present
Professional consultancy on management & engineering issues especially from a Project Management perspective. Organize prestigious event planning services in and around Phuket, Thailand. In addition to creation, design and building of web sites and social media formed a partnership with Unique Phuket Wedding Planners in Phuket, Thailand that I help run and manage. I would also be available for other short or longer term projects.
Executive Officer to CEO Medical Hyperbarics Inc./SSS Network Jan 15 – Sep 16
As the Executive Assistant to CEO my role is to help the CEO better organize the existing business operation throughout the whole company and through these improvements provide cost efficiencies and savings. I successfully took over the duties and responsibilities of a leaving member of staff of 19 years standing. As the CEO’s business confidant, I helped him in determining current and future potential business risks and barriers, plus of course opportunities. After a review of current job descriptions in Dallas and gaining a full understanding of operations to identify opportunities; my actions resulted in the hiring of one additional member of staff in Dallas and taking over the day-to-day operational management of the company’s 11 sites worldwide. Improved the fiscal management of the company and improving the use of Quick Books and improving accounting/budgeting procedures generally. Acting as a Technical consultant for the whole company with duties that included the sourcing & procurement of major items of Medical Equipment for a new hospital.
Executive/Personnel Assistant to CEO Richmond Group Dec 13 – Jan 15
Typical Duties of a PA for an International travelling CEO. Researched and implemented a new CRM system for new product/service. Designed and created the new systems to use the database and CRM. Also, implemented a new email marketing system with a continuing email campaign to promote new product. Perform Stock market analysis and research. Accounting and administrative function scoped and managed. Constant communication via email campaign’s or directly with clients or potential clients. Meeting and networking with clients and potential clients. Design, creation and ongoing maintenance with updates of social media and websites.
Maintenance Engineer, Patient Coordinator & Tender Operator Nov 09 – Dec 13
SSS Recompression Chamber Network, Phuket. Thailand.
Working in the completion of maintenance repair and upgrade requirements as required, including preventative maintenance, parts service, quotations for optimization of all technical areas. The completion of Monthly Tech/Maintenance Report and follow up of any maintenance issues that require attention and advise staff of any budgeting requirements. Training Assistant, supported and completed the inaugural C-DOC (SA) Offshore Dive Medical Training course accredited by IMCA. Technical Adviser to SSS Recompression Network – invited by the owner and CEO to Central America– Consulting/Advice.
Career Sabbatical Phuket, Thailand Feb 2008 – Nov 2009
Royal Air Force UK & Overseas Apr 1985 – Jun 2008
Senior Intelligence Analyst Aug 05 – Feb 08
National Air & Space Intelligence Centre, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, Ohio, USA
Selected to work as an UK Exchange Officer for the US Air Force, responsible for all-source intelligence integration and analysis to form detailed technical assessments on the capabilities and limitations of worldwide electronic warfare systems. Working with security limitations as the only non-US citizen but still achieved the task. Acting as an informal political conduit between UK and US.
Logistic Applications Consultant May 03 – Aug 05
Ministry Of Defence – Abbey Wood, Bristol. UK
Extensive involvement in project, financial and budget management to ensure timely delivery of Logistical Applications to all new military systems for the Ministry of Defence with little or no direct supervision.
Engineer Instructor Feb 02 – May 03
Dept of Specialist Ground Training, Royal Air Force College Cranwell, Lincoln. UK
Responsible for the training, personal development and welfare for up to 16 ab-initio engineering officers on a 6 months’ pre-employment RAF training course. I graduated 2 courses and was a key team member in the subsequent upgrade of course.
Information Systems/IT Project Consultant Mar 99 – Jan 02
Stavanger. Norway – NATO Staff Officer
Responsible for developing, preparing and co-ordinating plans for the development and support of all NATO’s Information Systems (IS).
Senior Project Officer Mar 01 – Sep 01
NATO Headquarters, Pristina, KOSOVO
The sole Project Manager to implement successfully a NATO High Speed VTC project ($500,000). For the first Kosovo Elections, the main POC between NATO and UN and planned and coordinated the installation and testing of all communication assets.
Engineering Manager Apr 98 – Mar 99
17 (F) Squadron, RAF Bruggen. Germany – Junior Engineering Officer
Employed as a Junior Engineering Officer on a squadron operating up to 12 Tornado fighter aircraft. Responsible for a shift of 100 personnel and day-to-day engineering decisions.
Professional Training Oct 97 – Apr 98
Dept of Specialist Ground Training, Royal Air Force College Cranwell, Lincoln. UK – Professional Training
Engineering Manager Oct 95 – Oct 97
Air Warfare Centre, Royal Air Force Waddington, Lincoln UK – Officer Commanding Computer Support Flight
Directly responsible for 27 personnel both military and civilian and responsible for the day-to-day operation, upgrade and maintenance of the Air Warfare Center’s complex computer systems.
Royal Air Force Apr 85 – Oct 95
Various; Aircraft technician, training, University on a RAF Cadetship
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
Hyperbaric Chamber Tender SDI/TDI Asia, Singapore Apr 10
Dive Medical Training DDRC Plymouth, UK Nov 09
Masters of Business Administration Open University, UK 2001 – 2006
Modules completed: Foundations of Senior Management, Strategy, Capacities for Development Management, Financial Management, Creativity, Innovation & Change
Learning Tree Certified Professional Learning Tree, UK 1995 – 2002
IT Management, Personal Communication Management and Software Engineering Process Certified Professional
BEng (Hons) Information Cranfield University, UK 1991 – 1994
Date of Birth: 8 Jun 1967
Interests: Skiing, horseback riding, hiking and travel.
Download: Curriculum Vitae Paul Cunliffe